Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I always like fruit in my oatmeal, and raspberries are my absolute favorites. You can use either frozen or fresh (fresh is better, of course, but not usually practical!). Yum.
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup skim milk (or your milk preference)
- 1⁄4 cup raspberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Cook oats according to directions on package.
- When you add the oats to the milk, add the raspberries as well if you are using frozen. Otherwise, skip this step.
- When oats are done, add remaining ingredients and mix well. Yum!
This was really good. I think the sweetness amount would have been fine for frozen berries, but since the fresh ones (store bought, not farm picked) are a little tart right now, I drizzled a tiny bit of extra maple syrup over them. I was about to eat this when it screamed for some toasted almonds on it too. The maple went really well with the raspberries and it was an enjoyable breakfast.
I cooked the oatmeal in the microwave, which makes this very easy to get a healthy breakfast on busy mornings. Had a nice creamy texture and the raspberries were a lovely touch. I sweetened mine with Equal, because I like my oatmeal sweet and wanted to save on calories. Thanks for posting
A nice breakfast treat. I did add more brown sugar (didn't measure, probably about a tablespoon) 'cause I like my oatmeal quite sweet. Thanks for sharing! Made for PAC Spring 08.