Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
I got this from Ben & Jerry's ice cream cookbook. I haven't tried it yet, but every recipe I have had has been wonderful!
- Mix the raspberries, 3/4 cup of sugar, and lemon juice together in a bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes.
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes (I use my hand held mixer).
- Whisk in the remaining sugar, a little at a time, until completely blended.
- Pour in the heavy cream and milk and whisk to blend.
- Drain the juice from the raspberries and add to the cream mixture until blended.
- Mash the raspberries until pureed and stir them into the cream mixture.
- Pour into an ice cream maker and freeze.
- Note: If you prefer a chunkier raspberry ice cream, return the raspberries to the fridge after pouring off the juice.
- When the ice cream is almost finished freezing, add the whole raspeberries, then continue freezing.
This is HEAVENLY! Even a family member that doesn't really like ice cream could have been considered licking the container clean! hahaha It was fantastic, and I am sad this wasn't on the list of the top 25 ice creams on the first page! People are missing out if they do not try this ice cream! Thank you!
This was very good, however now that I look back at the recipe I think I didn't add the lemon. I did however add some chocolate fudge swirls and used marionberries as well as the raspberries. I took some extra to work with me the next day and had people raving it! Thanks!