Oreo Mint Ice Cream
- Ready In:
1 generous quart
- 1 cup coarsely chopped Oreo cookies
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream or 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- Place cookies in a bowl, cover and refrigerate.
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes; whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, then continue whisking until completely blended, about 1 more minute.
- Pour in the cream and milk and whisk to blend.
- Add the peppermint extract and blend again.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze following the manufacturer's instructions.
- While the ice cream is somewhat loose but on it's way to being frozen, add the chopped cookies and continue freezing until the ice cream is ready.
- At this point, I transfer the ice cream to a plastic container and put it in the freezer to harden (ripen) completely.
Join The Conversation