Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I was given this recipe at a luncheon today. It is so very, very good!
- 2 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers (about 50)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups frozen raspberries (sweetened, loose pack)
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- Combine wafers and butter, press half of mixture on bottom of 8 inch square pan (reserve remaining half for topping).
- Sprinkle berries over crust.
- Whisk half-and-half and sugar until sugar dissolves.
- In a separate bowl, whisk sour cream until smooth, and slowly whisk in half-and-half mixture.
- Pour this over berries.
- Sprinkle remaining crumbs on top.
- Cover and freeze for 3 hours or until solid.
- Cut into squares.
I'm a sucker for a raspberry recipe. I knew when I saw this one that it wouldn't be long before I just had to try it! This is absolutely wonderful, Dana! A delicious, light treat that could be used for any occasion, including snacking! Thanks for this one, Dana. It's a keeper!
Quite yummy, it would be a perfect dish to eat outside in the yard on a hot summer afternoon. I put mine in the microwave for about 20 seconds to thaw it out enough for me to eat it.
This was good. I didnt have all raspberries, so I used a bag of mixed berried. Still it was really good.