Recipe by Sandy in Oklahoma
When I make this, my family jokes that I'm "cooking gourmet". Nice tastey dish with very little effort.
Top Review by spreadnjoy
My family really didn't care for this at all. It had a very... unusual taste, and the texture was um... icky. I think maybe the recipe has been posted wrong?? I can't imagine anyone enjoying this meal.
- 3 cups quick-cooking white rice, uncooked
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (10 ounce) jar seedless raspberry preserves (Knott's Berry Farm brand has seedless)
- 1⁄4 cup dijon-style mustard
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2 inch cubes
- 1 cup canned pineapple chunk, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In slow cooker combine rice, chicken broth, and ginger.
- In a small bowl mix preserves and mustard. Stir into rice, and broth. Add chicken and pineapple.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 hours or until liquid is absorbed and chicken is cooked to 170 degrees.