Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
I combined two different recipes, adjusting as needed, to create this recipe. It is the perfect sweetness and creaminess, in my opinion. Not overly cheesy, you can add more cream cheese if you like a cheesier flavor. Received rave reviews from all who tried it, and it was really easy to make! No raw eggs needed. (Cooking time includes time to combine all ingredients, to remove seeds, and to run the ice cream machine.)
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a sauce pan.
- Heat over medium heat until berries are thawed and sugar is dissolved.
- Cool mixture.
- Press mixture through a strainer to remove seeds.
- Add berry mixture and next 5 ingredients in blender. Blend until smooth.
- Poor into ice cream maker. Run machine for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add last ingredient to ice cream and run for another 5 minutes.
- Can serve as is for soft-serve or let it ripen in the freezer for an hour or so.