Recipe by Kevnjess
This recipe came from a co-worker. Her father found it in a magazine years ago. It is the most requested item at our annual bake sale fundraiser for American Cancer Society. You wouldn't believe what one will pay for this yummy dessert!
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, finely shredded
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries, thawed and crushed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry jelly
Directions See How It's Made
- For Crust:.
- Combine the 3/4 cup flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon of the lemon peel.
- Cut in butter till crumbly.
- Stir in 1 slightly beaten egg yolk and 1/4 tsp of the vanilla.
- Pat 1/3 of the dough onto the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan (with sides removed).
- Bake in a 400°F oven for 7 minutes or until golden; cool.
- Butter sides of pan; attach to bottom.
- Pat remaining dough onto sides of pan to a height of 1 3/4 inches; set aside.
- For Filling:.
- Beat cream cheese, remaining lemon peel and remaining vanilla until fluffy.
- Combine the 1 cup sugar, the 2 tablespoons flour, and salt; gradually stir into cream cheese mixture.
- Add the 2 eggs and 1 egg yolk, beating at low speed just until combined.
- Stir in milk.
- Turn into crust lined pan.
- Bake in a 450°Foven for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 300°F; bake 50 to 55 minutes more until the center appears set.
- Cool 15 minutes.
- Loosen sides of cheesecake pan with spatula; Cool 30 minutes; remove sides of pan; Cool 2 hours longer; Chill thoroughly.
- Combine raspberries and and cornstarch.
- Add jelly.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir 1 minute more.
- Strain and cool.
- Pour over cheesecake.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries.