Recipe by Audrey M
A light tasting dessert that is pretty to look at. Prep. Time includes refrigeration.
- 1 (6 ounce) package raspberry gelatin powder
- 1 dash salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries, thawed
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 baked angel food cake
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve raspberry jello and salt in boiling water.
- Add thawed raspberries to jello and place in refrigerator until partially set.
- Beat egg whites until frothy; add cream of tartar and sugar.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry; set aside.
- Whip raspberry jello until fluffy; fold in egg whites.
- Tear angel food cake into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- Place a layer of raspberry mixture in bottom of a greased angel food cake pan.
- Next, add a layer of cake.
- Continue until pan is filled.
- Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours.
- Unmold and frost with whipping cream.
- You can add sifted confectioners' sugar to whipped cream to your liking.
- You can substitute 2 cups whipping cream whipped with 2 Tablespoons sugar for the egg whites, cream of tartar, and 1/2 cup sugar.