Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I've been looking for a white chocolate and raspberry cookie recipe for ages... This hits the sweet spot. These are soft and fudgy white brownies, dotted with red raspberries. They can be made up to 3 days ahead and stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
- 6 ounces good quality white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2⁄3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup fresh raspberries or 1 cup frozen unsweetened raspberries, not defrosted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter 8-inch non-stick square baking pan. Stir 6 ounces white chocolate in large metal bowl set over saucepan of simmering water until melted and smooth, or use a microwave. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Stir flour and salt in small bowl to blend. Set aside. Using electric mixer beat sugar and butter in large bowl to blend. Mix in eggs, vanilla and almond extract. Mix in melted white chocolate. Stir in flour mixture just until blended - do not overmix. Stir in white chocolate chips. Gently stir in raspberries just until distributed evenly. Transfer batter to prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake until top is golden and tester inserted into center comes out with moist crumbs attached, about 40 minutes if using fresh raspberries or 45 minutes if using frozen raspberries. Cool in pan.
- Cut into 16 squares. Transfer to platter and serve.
Delightful. I used a combination of white and semi sweet chocolate chips and topped the whole thing with melted white chips and a swirl of melted semi sweet chips. A wonderful use of raspberries and chocolate. Thanks for posting!
Love these! <br/>I used frozen raspberries, as they tend to hold their shape better, and used choc chunks as opposed to choc chips, just out of personal preference and they taste amazing!<br/><br/>This was my first time baking using 'cups' as I am British and used to measuring out in grams, so I'm not sure if this is why I only managed to make enough mixture for 9, instead of 16. Nonetheless, they tasted very good!
These were divine! I omitted the almond extract because of a nut allergy in our family, and added a handful of dark chocolate chips. They took the maximum time to bake. They were the perfect combination of sweet with tart little bits from the raspberries. This is going in my permanent collection. Thank you for the recipe, kolibri!