Triple Chocolate Fudge Brownies
photo by flower7
- Ready In:
- 6 ounces high quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 13x9-inch pan.
- In metal bowl set over pan of barely simmering water, melt bittersweet chocolate, unsweetened chocolate and butter.
- Stir until smooth. Remove bowl from heat; let mixture cool until it is lukewarm.
- Stir in the sugar and vanilla extract. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each.
- Stir in salt and flour, stirring until mixture is just combined; stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into pan, smooth top and bake in middle of oven 25-30 minutes, or until a tester comes out with crumbs.
- Let cool completely in pan on a rack, then cut it into bars.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I couldn't find any good quality unsweetened chocolate except for the single ounce I had in my cupboard and having made a similar recipe before, I know that I like a little semisweet choc. in the batter also so in the end I used 1 oz unsw., 4 oz bitter & 3 oz semi. I also forgot to buy unsalted butter so used salted and cut the salt in half. I used the microwave to melt the chocolate & butter. On a whim I decided to use some mini reece's pieces instead of the choc. chips. These were awesome and my friends loved them! Thanks for the recipe!
It's my first time to write a comment on anything else that's on the net...but I can't help it this time, I really should do this. This recipe is really magnificent, a MUST TRY!!! In fact, after giving it to some of my friends and relatives as gift, they would like to know the recipe that my husband jokingly said I should put up a baking class (LOL)!!! BTW, I reduced the sugar to 1 1/4 cups but increased the semi-sweet chocolate drops (small) to 1 1/4 cups. I also added 1 1/4 cups chopped walnuts. I would like to try the size L chocolate drops and see the effect. Thank you so much for this!!!
I have to say I haven't tasted this. I made this for my mom's tea party for people who were not supposed to be sweet eaters, and I assumed that I would get some of it back, since there was other stuff to eat too. I was wrong! I got my pan back. LOL! And according to my mom, everyone raved over them and it was the first to be finished! Only thing I did differently was to add a cup of chopped walnuts. Now I have to make some for myself! Thank you!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hey there!~ My name is Crystal. I am 19,and living in Florida. I really love to cook,& bake all the time for my family.I just get so much enjoyment out of it! There is just something about the great aroma throughout the house when you bake something,creating special memories in the kitchen! A little more about me: I am a strict vegetarian,(almost vegan!,heh)but of course my whole family is not,so I cook just about anything! Other than cooking-I like to read,surf the net and create art. My favorite websites are: www.ebay.com & www.witchvox.com (I'm wiccan) Of course,the Zaar has become my favorite website! I love how friendly the people are and how interactive this place is!