1 hr 40 mins
These bars sound so good! I'm already thinking that I'll have to include these on my Christmas cookie trays! This recipe is from the 2002 Taste of Home Annual Recipes cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 325°F.
- 2In a saucepan, melt butter. Remove from heat; add 1 cup chips (do not stir).
- 3In a small mixing bowl, beat eggs until foamy; gradually add sugar.
- 4Stir in chip mixture and almond extract.
- 5Combine flour and salt; add to egg mixture until justcombined.
- 6Spread half of the batter into a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- 7Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 8In a small saucepan, over low heat, melt jam; spread over warm crust.
- 9Stir remaining chips into the remaining batter; drop by teaspoonfuls over the jam layer.
- 10Sprinkle with almonds.
- 11Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 12Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry Almond Bars
Serving Size: 1 (38 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.3
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 29.4 mg
- Sodium 94.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 2.0 g