Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
My mom gave me this recipe, noting that she heard it on a radio talk show. It tastes remarkably like the packaged kind and has been a favorite in our family for years.
- 1 cup Miracle Whip or 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Thoroughly blend Miracle Whip and buttermilk.
- Add spices, blending well.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
- HINT: Using the low speed of a blender lessens prep time!
This is not a ranch dressing. The seasonings are all wrong. It was also far too runny. I was the only one who liked it at all, but it is far closer to a creamy Italian dressing. I would not make this again. I used mayonnaise rather than Miracle Whip.
Missing something? My sister-in-law and I agree this recipe might need one more seasoning. We're not sure...maybe salt? Celery salt? Chives? I'll check back to see if anyone figures it out. It does taste great and it has a perfect consistency. It is a keeper!
The Miracle Whip overwhelmed all the other flavors but I will try again using regular mayo.