Recipe by ferschey
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. This recipe is quite easy to prepare, yet has fabulous taste mixture. Good for weeknight meals.
- 2 lbs red potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 (1 ounce) package Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped shallot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped baby carrots
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bring potatoes to a boil in a large pot of salted water. Cook until tender for 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and mash potatoes. Stir in dressing mix and sour cream.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic; cook until begin to brown, about 2 minutes. Add carrots and ground beef; cook until beef is no longer pink. Drain the fat; add broth, tomato paste, vinegar, molasses and cayenne pepper. Cook until mixture is slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Pour beef mixture into a 1½-quart baking dish. Spread mashed potatoes over meat mixture. Combine butter, breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese; sprinkle over potato layer.
- Bake pie for 20 minutes or until heated through and golden brown.