Shepheds, Cottage or Cumberland Pie
photo by robd16
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 500 g beef mince (ground)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped quite small
- 1 beef stock cube
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (can use brown HP sauce)
- 1 tablespoon beef gravy granules
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 500 ml water
- 5 large potatoes (boiled and mashed with salt, pepper, butter and milk)
- Fry the mince in the oil over a high heat until completely browned and broken down, add the onion half way through.
- Now add the carrots and the crumbled beef stock cube, mix well, add the Worcestershire sauce and the water along with the herbs and cook until almost all of the water has evaporated and the carrots are soft.
- Add the gravy granules and mix well. You should now have quite a thick mixture. You don't want it too thick so add a little more water if needed.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and put into an ovenproof dish.
- Top with the mash potatoes and bake in a preheated oven for about 30 minutes until browned on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I come from a family of food loves, in fact its the subject we talk about most! I've been trying to write a cookbook for years but always hit stumbling blocks or wanted to go in another direction. Its not as easy as it looks! I've decided to upload my all time favorite recipes onto this website. Trust me when I say that good recipes don't make it onto my page, only the truly great and AMAZINGLY TASTY or ingenious and unusual ones do. Most are tried and tested but some I just give the general idea for. You get the gist! I really appriciate your reviews and comments so If you've made or tasted one of my recipes then please leave me some feedback!