Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Simply delicious, and spicy...
- 800 g poblano peppers
- 500 g onions
- 90 g margarine
- 400 g sour cream
- 300 g queso fresco
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dry instant chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Grill peppers over fire and place in a plastic bag, let stand for 30 minutes.
- Peel and, if you like, devein the peppers. Cut in to 1/2 inch slices.
- Melt margaringe in cooking pan and add, onions, stir until transparent.
- Add salt, dry instant chicken broth, pepper and poblano pepers and stir frequently fo 15 minute.
- Add sour cream and queso fresco, cook for an additional 5 minute.
- Enjoy with tortillas!
This recipe makes a huge batch so, I had to cut it down for just my husband and me. I used 4 large poblano peppers, 1 small onion (diced), 2 oz. of sour cream, a handful of queso fresco and just pinches of salt, chicken broth and pepper. Well, with all those substitutions, it worked! This was very delicious, we had this with warmed up flour tortillas. Don't overdo step #5, just warm it up. Tasted wonderful, thanks Salvador!