Rajas Con Crema
photo by Queen uh Cuisine
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 -6 poblano chiles, peeled and deveined and sliced in 1/4 inch strips
- 1 large white onion, sliced in 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon
- 1 - 1 1⁄2 cup corn kernel (optional)
- 1 cup sour cream
- Sauté the chilies with the onions until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add corn and chicken base and stir.
- Add the cream, let simmer 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with corn tortillas.
- Can be prepared ahead and reheated in the microwave.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was great CunSwim. I made this for PAC 2006. I did everything exactally except, I used non-fat sour cream. Sooo good. I kind of wish that my peppers were a little hotter so next time I may add some extra spice. Who knows..then it may be too spicy. Those peppers have a mind of thier own. Thanks again...pic's to follow. Barbara
Very tasty! I halved the recipe and omited the corn, using it on your Torta De Elote recipe. I really thought it was wonderful. I will definitely make it again and try in on other things, perhaps on top of grilled chicken next time! I'm so glad I chose this recipe for one of my pick-a-chef recipes! Thanks Cumswim!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Cancun, ben here over 30 years. I will cook pretty much anything at least once. Hate the heat here! Don't believe anyone that says you get used to it!