From Food & Family Spring 2007. I made these without the coconut by increasing both the oatmeal and cereal amounts. It changes the recipe, but it still made for a really good cookie that was crisp around the edges with a soft and chewy center.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and oats; set aside.
- Beat butter and sugars in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla; mix well.
- Gradually add flour mixture, beating until well blended after each addition.
- Add cereal, coconut and raisins; stir until well blended.
- Drop heaping teaspoonfuls of dough, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until lighty browned.
- Cool on baking sheets 3 to 4 minutes; remove to wire racks.
- Cool completely.
- Store in tightly covered container at room temperature.