Recipe by Little Bee
I saw her make this on her show and it looked really good, so I thought I would post. I love all these really strong flavors and can't wait to try it. I think it would be a really good summer salad when tomatoes and basil are in abundance.
Top Review by Samantha in Ut
I didn't see this on her show but as soon as I saw this recipe I knew I had to make it. This is so good! The first time I made as directed. The second time I tossed with some penne and a little balsamic vinegar.
- 4 vine ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped (preferably plum tomatoes)
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1 (6 count) can anchovies, chopped (flat filets)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup flat leaf parsley, a couple of handfuls,coarsely chopped
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 12 -15 fresh basil leaves, pile leaves,roll into a log and shred or tear
- salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine tomatoes, onions, capers, olives, anchovies, garlic and parsley in a medium bowl.
- Dress with a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil, just enough to lightly coat the salad, 1 to 2 tablespoons.
- Sprinkle in basil, salt and pepper, toss again and adjust seasonings, to your taste.