Rachael Ray's Deviled Egg Salad on Pumpernickel
photo by Sharon123
- Ready In:
- 8 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (tabasco)
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise or 3 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 1⁄4 cup onion (white, grated or minced)
- 1 celery rib (small, from the heart with greens and finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons green salad olives and pimientos, drained and finely chopped
- black pepper
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Place eggs in a pot and cover with water.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Cover the pot and turn off the heat. Let eggs stand 10 minutes.
- Drain, then shake the eggs around in pot to crack the shells.
- Run eggs under cold water to peel and cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine paprika, chili powder, worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, mustard, mayonnaise, onion w/juice, celery, chives, and olives.
- Coarsely chop eggs and add them to a bowl.
- Mix egg salad and season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly toast bread and make sandwiches with mounds of deviled egg salad and lettuce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to try new recipes, and this is a wonderful site to find new additions. I rarely make the same thing twice because it's so much fun to try something different. My life long dream is to travel the world and eat my way around it.