1/2 Photos of Rachael Ray's Chicken Parm Pizza
This is such a versatile pizza to make. Instead of ground chicken, you can use diced up chicken breasts; instead of shredded provolone you can use shredded mozzarella. Make as recipe states, or use what you have in the frig--it's a great weeknight meal that can be made in a jiffy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 pizza crust (store bought pizza dough)
- cornmeal or flour, for dough
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (2 turns of the pan plus a drizzle)
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 pinches crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 pinches dried oregano
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded provolone cheese
- 5 -6 leaves fresh basil (torn or shredded)
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2Coat hands and work surface with a little cornmeal or flour.
- 3Using your hand or a rolling pin, form a 14-inch round pizza.
- 4Place pizza on a baking sheet or pizza stone and poke the top with a few holes.
- 5Drizzle a little bit of extra-virgin olive oil down over the dough and place in oven.
- 6Bake 10 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile, heat a deep skillet over medium-high heat with 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil.
- 8Add meat and break it up with a wooden spoon.
- 9To browned meat, add garlic and onions, then season with salt and pepper.
- 10Cook together 5 to 6 minutes then add parsley, red pepper flakes, oregano and the tomatoes to the pan.
- 11Heat the sauce through.
- 12Remove pizza from oven after 10 minutes and top with sauce and cheeses.
- 13Return to oven and bake until golden and bubbly, another 10 to 12 minutes.
- 14Top the pizza with basil, cut and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rachael Ray's Chicken Parm Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 477.1
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 128.0 mg
- Sodium 1163.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 45.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: