Recipe by LizAnn
Everyone who has tried this loves it. I came up with this recipe as an alternative to pasta salad. I buy all the ingredients at Trader Joes. Sometimes I get a real craving for this salad. Its tastey, crunchy and healthy. Yum!
- 1 (16 ounce) box quinoa
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes, julienne sliced packed in oil
- 10 ounces black olives, sliced
- 6 ounces fat free feta cheese
- 4 ounces pine nuts, toasted
- 2 ounces fresh basil leaves, chopped (may add more)
- 6 large fresh garlic cloves, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Thoroughly rinse Quinoa in cold water. Drain well in fine sieve.
- Dry roast in a large fry pan over med-high heat 10 minute or until golden brown. stirring constantly.
- Add 4 cups hot water (or however much package recommends).
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 min or until liquid is absorbed. (basically, after dry roasting, cook according to package directions).
- Let cool completely.
- In large salad bowl, add cooked Quinoa and remaining ingredients. Toss and refrigerate till serving time.