Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
Everyone who has tried this loves it. I came up with this recipe as an alternative to pasta salad. I buy all the ingredients at Trader Joes. Sometimes I get a real craving for this salad. Its tastey, crunchy and healthy. Yum!
- Thoroughly rinse Quinoa in cold water. Drain well in fine sieve.
- Dry roast in a large fry pan over med-high heat 10 minute or until golden brown. stirring constantly.
- Add 4 cups hot water (or however much package recommends).
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 min or until liquid is absorbed. (basically, after dry roasting, cook according to package directions).
- Let cool completely.
- In large salad bowl, add cooked Quinoa and remaining ingredients. Toss and refrigerate till serving time.
Easy to make and pack for lunches! Based on another review, I substituted Kalamata olives (used half the amount) and used broth instead of water. Delicious!
Good salad. I used Kalamata olives and always toast my quinoa before rinising it. I followed the directions and used water, but really missed the flavor broth usually gives it.
I think this is a good mix of flavors, but I guess I don't like quinoa. This was my first time tasting it. I would enjoy this mix with rice or orzo instead of the quinoa I think. However, DH tried it and couldn't stop raving about it. So I guess if you like quinoa, you will love this salad. If not, try the add-ins with rice or pasta--it is a great mix of flavors.