Tortellini Chicken Salad With Sun-Dried Tomatoes
I got this recipe from a friend after enjoying this delicious salad at her home. I usually don't care for spinach but ate three helpings of this salad it was so good! The dressing is to die for! You could also make this with other types of pasta. As with any recipe, feel free to add more or less of the salad ingredients, according to your preferences.
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces cheese-filled tortellini, cooked according to directions & cooled
- 8 ounces grilled chicken, cooled & cubed
- 1 (14 ounce) can quartered marinated artichoke hearts
- 3 -4 ounces fresh spinach, torn into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, chopped
- 4 -6 ounces feta cheese
- 1⁄4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- In serving bowl, combine pasta, chicken, artichokes, spinach, tomatoes, feta and onions.
- To make vinaigrette, puree the garlic, oregano, tomato paste, vinegar and salt & pepper in a food processor or blender.
- While processing, drizzle in olive oil to make a smooth emulsion.
- Toss enough dressing with salad to coat and stir to combine.
- May serve immediately or refrigerate.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Excellent dish- perfect for a luncheon or cold dinner. I made this for a group of 8 women and they all asked for the recipe. It was so easy to make too. Warning- the recipe does make a lot of the dressing. I decided to use some of the dressing to marinate the chicken in (I used chicken tenderloins because they grill up easier and are more moist.) I made the whole recipe the day before- grilled the chicken, boiled the pasta and diced everything up. I then layered everything but the spinach, feta and dressing in a large bowl and covered it. Refrigerated it overnight and 5 mins before the party I tossed in the spinach and dressing. SO easy! I put the feta and some olives on the side as toppings for those who wanted it. What a great recipe. So full of flavor and easy to make.Reply
This tortellini chicken salad recipe was phenomenal! I was looking to use up a large, leftover chicken breast as well as some tortellini. I am so glad I stumbled up this recipe. It was easy to make and tasted delicious. At first, I forgot to add the feta when I tasted my first sampling--I still loved it. I then added the feta and also loved it (but I love feta). If you dont love feta, you will still like this recipe with feta omitted. Based on other reviewers' input, I halved the proportions for the dressing. It still made plenty. Since I made it for DH to take to work tomorrow for lunch and for me to enjoy at home for lunch, I kept the dressing seperate from the salad so it would not wilt the spinach. Instead, we can drizzle as much as we like over our individual proportions tomorrow and then toss. I would definitely make this recipe again (I especially loved the taste of the dressing). I could see this being a big hit at a BBQ. Thanks for posting!!Reply
A keeper. We enjoyed this very satisfying, tasty and attractive looking salad. Didn't have any feta cheese around but will plan for it next time. It's delish even without it. Threw some sprouted beans medley into the bowl as well, which enhanced flavour and texture. Same about the dressing as posted by other reviewers...have a generous amount remaining for the next salad. That's alright! A pleasure to have tried this recipe.Reply