Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into 3-inch long tenders (or buy chicken tenders)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 cups cooked red quinoa or 2 cups white quinoa
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs or 1⁄2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Spread out the quinoa on a piece of wax paper or aluminum foil. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the quinoa. With your fingertips, squeeze the quinoa and breadcrumbs together until the moisture of the quinoa is absorbed.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt, garlic powder, pepper and paprika.
- Place the egg whites in a shallow bowl. Dip the chicken in the egg and then into the quinoa mixture.
- Warm the oil in a large skillet over high heat. When the oil is hot, add the chicken and reduce the heat to medium. Cook each side 5 minutes or until the crust begins to brown and the chicken is no longer translucent (turn once).
- Transfer fingers to a plate and serve immediately.
These were fantastic. They were crunchy and a little nutty on the outside and juicy and tender on the inside. They had plenty of flavor because the seasoning was on the chicken so even if some of the breading fell off the flavor was on the chicken. That was my only complaint, I had bits of quinoa almost burning in the bottom of the pan. We will be making these again. Yum!