- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 10 -12 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced (crimini or baby bellas, white would also be OK)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion; stir often and cook for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Stir in quinoa and cook, stirring often, for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Pour in stock, stir in mushrooms, and cover.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Season with salt and pepper; serve.