Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
From Vegetarian Times.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 10 -12 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced (crimini or baby bellas, white would also be OK)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion; stir often and cook for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Stir in quinoa and cook, stirring often, for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Pour in stock, stir in mushrooms, and cover.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Season with salt and pepper; serve.
This was my first time cooking Quinoa and this recipe was so quick and easy. My BF even loved it suprisingly enough! I used garlic oil, chicken stock instead of vegetable, sliced portobells and Atlantic sea salt to taste. Yummy!
A good base, but a little bland. Good if you haven't tried Quinoa before.
It came out fine, but sort of bland. It didn't have a lot of flavor. I used sliced cremini mushrooms and veggie broth.