Recipe by Gordon Taylor
I borrowed this from a friend Carole Pippin and expanded it to handle a large crowd of teenagers. It's easy to make, and tastes great. Makes 45 1/2 cup servings.
- 15 cups Minute Rice
- 40 ounces tomato sauce
- 12 1⁄2 cups chicken broth with roasted garlic
- 12 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups green peppers or 2 1⁄2 cups red peppers, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown rice and onions in the canola oil until rice is brown.
- Stir rice or it will scorch.
- Add broth, tomato sauce, and chopped peppers.
- Stir until it boils.
- Turn off heat and cover (about 5 to 10 minutes) stirring occasionally until all liquids are absorbed Salt to taste.