Gordon Taylor's Note:
I borrowed this from a friend Carole Pippin and expanded it to handle a large crowd of teenagers. It's easy to make, and tastes great. Makes 45 1/2 cup servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown rice and onions in the canola oil until rice is brown.
- 2Stir rice or it will scorch.
- 3Add broth, tomato sauce, and chopped peppers.
- 4Stir until it boils.
- 5Turn off heat and cover (about 5 to 10 minutes) stirring occasionally until all liquids are absorbed Salt to taste.
Browse Our Top Southwestern U.S. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Spanish Rice
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 45
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.8
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 136.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken broth with roasted garlic