Recipe by NcMysteryShopper
This silky and rich version of the dish that Southerners eat for breakfast, lunch or dinner easily lives up to Chef Jan Birnbaum's colorful name for it. This is a perfect side dish for Catfish with Pecan Brown Butter
Top Review by Emily Honest
There are everyday grits and there are party grits. These are party grits. I've made this recipe dozens of times over the last five years. Friends and family request them for gatherings. I've doubled and tripled the recipe and they always come out delicious.
- 6 cups chicken stock or 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups quick-cooking grits
- Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, combine the stock, cream, butter and garlic. Add 2 teaspoons of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper and bring to a boil. Slowly whisk in the grits and cook over low heat, whisking often, until thick and completely smooth, about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper and Tabasco and serve.