Pioneer Woman Cheese Grits
photo by Aaron W.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 9 cups water
- 2 cups uncooked grits
- 4 eggs
- 12 tablespoons butter, cut up
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 garlic, cloves. minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- preheat oven to 350.
- add salt to water and bring to a boil in a large saucepan or dutch oven.
- pour in grits and stir to combine.
- cover and cook, for quick grits about five minutes and for regular grits about 15.
- remove grits from heat.
- whisk eggs in a small bowl.
- to temper eggs so they don't scramble, stir in two tablespoons hot grits.
- mix eggs into grits and stir til well combined.
- add the butter one tablespoon at a time and stir til melted.
- add the cheese and stir til melted.
- add in the garlic and cayenne.
- pour grits into a well buttered baking dish and bake 30-35 minutes until bubbly.
- let stand 10 minutes before serving as grits get firmer after the sit a minute.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Even though I am still young (25) Life experince has aged me alot. I learned to cook at both of my grandmother's knees (One southern American, one southern Irish) when I was about five. By ten I started collecting cookbooks and experinmenting on my own. As a latch key kid I cooked for my four younger brothers and sisters. My mom ran a small deli before she died when I was 17 so alot of my recies debuted there. Now I run my own catering Buisness. I am married to a wnderful man for five years now. I am a six year old daughter, sons who are four and three. We are also raising my 14 year old sister and nine Year old stepsister and have a 16 year old foster daughter, all of which love cooking with me. I am writing a cookbook with the hopes that when I pass I can leave my recipes for them My cookbook collection has now reached over 1200. Thank you for trying and reviewing my recipes.. <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg">