Lemon-Blueberry Pancakes (Pioneer Woman)
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon additional cake flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups evaporated milk (more If needed)
- 1 whole lemon (more If needed)
- 1 whole large egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 lemon, zest
- 1 cup blueberries
- extra butter
- maple syrup or pancake syrup
- Heat heavy skillet or grill over medium low heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix evaporated milk, juice of 1 lemon (more if lemon isn't very juicy), and lemon zest. Allow to sit for five minutes, then add egg, vanilla, and melted butter. Mix to combine.
- Pour wet mixture into dry ingredients. Stir gently to combine. Splash in more evaporated milk if mixture is overly thick. Stir in blueberries. Again, check to make sure mixture isn't overly thick.
- Melt butter in heated skillet. Drop batter by 1/4 cup measures and fry pancakes on both sides until golden.
- Serve with softened butter and warm syrup.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in the San Francisco area and love it here. I discovered Recipezaar (then Food.com..Genius Kitchen) in 2001 and have been so happy to have my favorite recipes stored safely here. I am mother to 7 and grandmother to 7. I love to knit, smock, sew, etc., but my favorite hobby of the moment is traditional rug hooking. This is a sample of what I do.? It's called "November".? I dyed most of the wool myself. It is made from wool flannel, cut into strips a little less than 1/4" and then worked into a linen backing. This is my 3rd rug.