Recipe by JackieOhNo!
All together, this jambalaya should be on the table in 30 minutes or so. It is a quicker version of a recipe I regularly use.
- 3⁄4 lb andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, seeded, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked rice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 lb extra-large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup frozen cut okra
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage, cook, turning to brown on all sides. Remove sausage. Add onion, pepper and celery; cook, stirring, 3 minutes.
- Stir in rice, tomatoes, broth, water and bay leaf. Bring to boil. Cover; cook over medium-low heat 20 minutes.
- Add shrimp and okra. Cook, covered, 5-6 minutes. Stir in parsley. Remove bay leaf before serving.