This dish is similar to something my mom used to make. I consider this hearty, stick-to-your-ribs country fare. My 6 brothers and dad sure scarfed it down and always asked for more.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 -3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can hungry jack buttermilk flakey biscuits
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1In a 10-inch ovenproof skillet with 2-inch sides, saute the sausage, onion, and garlic over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink; stir occasionally to crumble up the sausage.
- 2Sprinkle the flour over the sausage mixture.
- 3Add the tomatoes, mushrooms, oregano, basil, salt and pepper to taste; stir to mix.
- 4Cook and stir occasionally until slightly thickened.
- 5Lower the heat and let simmer for a few minutes.
- 6Separate the biscuits (should have 10).
- 7Cut each biscuit into quarters.
- 8Place biscuit quarters over hot sausage mixture; sprinkle with cheese.
- 9Bake in a preheated oven at 375° for 16-20 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Sausage Supper
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 596.2
- Calories from Fat 300
- Total Fat 33.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 103.6 mg
- Sodium 893.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 34.8 g