I like pea soup but don't often have the time to cook dried split peas. This quick and easy recipe using frozen baby peas is adapted from Essential Soup Recipes by B.J. Hanson.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dice the celery and onion.
- 2Add the oil to a soup pot and sauté the celery and onion until tender.
- 3Add in the broth, peas and garlic.
- 4Brig to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook for 5 minutes.
- 5Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- 6Using a food processor or blender, puree until smooth.
- 7Re-warm it in the soup pot and add salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Pea Soup
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.1
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 194.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 10.1 g