Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I like pea soup but don't often have the time to cook dried split peas. This quick and easy recipe using frozen baby peas is adapted from Essential Soup Recipes by B.J. Hanson.
- Dice the celery and onion.
- Add the oil to a soup pot and sauté the celery and onion until tender.
- Add in the broth, peas and garlic.
- Brig to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Using a food processor or blender, puree until smooth.
- Re-warm it in the soup pot and add salt and pepper to taste.