Recipe by Bec
My grandma Lorraine Stromgren would listen to WCCO Radio's Joyce Lamont as she broadcasted a daily recipe. My grandma would sit by the radio with pencil in hand to write down those recipe favorites! A cookbook was published in 1979 after 10 years of recipes being broadcasted. Of over 2,000 recipes that had been broadcasted, the cookbook has the recipes that were the listeners' favorites.
Top Review by bcdgwy2006
I made this for my Dad, and he loved it. Now, I get asked when will I fix it again. Delicious, and so easy. I'm thinking of using stew beef or cutting up a chuck roast in cubes to substitute the cube steaks next time.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef cube steaks (about 4 steaks)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup beef broth (make with hot water and bouillon cube)
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup frozen green peas or 1 cup frozen green beans
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut minute steaks into half inch strips, sprinkle them with flour and brown them in oil in a skillet.
- Put the browned meat in a 2 1/2 quart casserole with the beef broth, diced potatoes, sliced carrots, chopped onions, sliced celery, peas, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and Worcestershire sauce- Mix well.
- Cover the casserole tightly and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, in a 350 degree oven.