Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Adapted from my mothers recipe no need for fancy measures. Preparation time about ten minutes cooking time about 40 minutes.
- red lentil
- 3 carrots
- 1 large onion
- 1 leek (if you don't have access to leeks or dont know what a leek is, don't try making this)
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 8 pints chicken stock or 7 chicken stock cubes
- Throw about three good handfuls of red lentils into the pot, then add chopped leek, chopped onion, coarsely grated carrots,coarse ground pepper, and chicken stock or stock cubes and water.
- Bring to the boil then simmer for about 30 to 40 minutes. Serve with decent buttered bread.