Recipe by Jakie's Mom
In my never-ending quest to get my husband, not a fish fan, to eat what's good for him, I put this recipe together using items from my pantry. Remembering what I had learned from my Italian "super-cook" mother, I came up with this delicious, quick and easy fish recipe. He loved it! This might even convert a couple of fish-haters.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh cod fish fillets
- 2 cans diced canned tomatoes with balsamic vinegar, olive oil and basil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- grated Italian cheese (parmesan, romano, asiago, grana padano)
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the canned tomatoes and garlic.
- Spread 1/2 of the tomato/garlic mixture on the bottom of a large frying pan.
- Place the fish fillets on top of the tomatoes.
- Spread the remaining mixture over the fillets.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and Italian cheese.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer until fillets flake easily with a fork.
- Serve with rice or pasta.