Recipe by dukeswalker
A yummy, healthier, gluten free version of a family favorite! **I've also made this with fresh peaches - just add a teeny bit less water and a couple of dashes of nutmeg and cook a little less - YUMMY!!**
Top Review by curly9460
Leave out the sugar - apples cook up so sweet, you don't need it! If you really like it syrupy sweet, add a little apple juice concentrate instead. Best to avoid sugar whenever possible.
- 4 cups apples, peeled & sliced, such as Granny Smiths
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup almond flour
- 1⁄2 cup certified gluten free old fashioned oats
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons softened unsalted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350. Coat a pie dish with cooking spray. In a large bowl, toss together the apples, sugar, water, cornstarch, 1 teaspoons cinnamon, and nutmeg until well combined. Set aside.
- Make the oatmeal topping: In a bowl, gently combine: almond flour, oats, brown sugar, 1 teaspoons cinnamon, and butter until crumbly.
- Place the apple mixture in the dish. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the apples and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the apples are cooked through, the juices are bubbling, and the topping is browned. Serve, hot, warm, or at room temperature.