Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a Paula Deen recipe that I watched her make on her show. It has been found again, so I am putting it here for safe keeping.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of potato soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can half-and-half
- 1 lb crabmeat, picked free of any shells
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and saute the onion until translucent, about 3-4 minute.
- Add the soups, milk, and half and half, and stir to combine.
- Add the crabmeat and bring just to a boil.
- Add the sherry, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately, or allow to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate or freeze immediately in serving sizes.
I made this stew with some left over blue crab and used low fat cream of celery soup, fat free canned milk, fat free half and half and this was truly amazing!!!
Since I'm a Savannah girl myself, I have a particular fondness for any thing associated with Paula Dean, and this recipe was no exception. I did omit the sherry simply because I didn't have any on hand. It was still quite tasty and a very good way to use up left overs from a crab boil. Great recipe!
This is surprisingly good. I honestly could not tell the difference between this and traditional she-crab soup, and I was raised on the coast.