French Polynesia - Coconut Crab Stew
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs crabmeat, coconut
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, fresh, chopped
- oregano, fresh, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups rice, cooked
- Mix the raw crab meat in a bowl with all the spices and minced garlic.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to one hour, allowing the crab meat to marinate.
- Remove the bowl from the refrigerator and add in the rest of the ingredients, mixing well.
- Pour the crab mixture into a large pot over low heat; cook until the liquid is reduced by half and serve over hot rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a very lucky lady. I recently moved to a very small town in New Brunswick, Canada with my wonderful husband who is my best friend. Very fortunate to have a cherished son, wonderful daughter in law and adorable granddaughter and cute wee grandson. We are very blessed. A big thank you to everyone that has made my recipes... hope you enjoyed them.