Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A quick but delicious version of this classic dish. It also has the advantage of being low cal and low fat.
- Combine flour, thyme, and salt in a zip lock bag, add chicken.
- Seal and shake to coat.
- Remove chicken from bag, shaking off excess flour.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chicken; cook 8 minutes or until browned, turning frequently.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- Add mushrooms, carrot, and bacon to pan; saute 2 minutes.
- Stir in wine, broth, and tomato paste; cook 9 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan, cook 8 minutes or until chicken is done.
This recipe was fantastic! My husband gets SO tired of eating chicken, and this was a hit with him. Everyone in the house loved it. This one is a keeper. Low fat, easy to make. Works well with Weight Watchers....
This recipe truly is an excellent and quick version of a classic. I did however make a few changes adding garlic, a few peppercorns and herbs de provence instead of the thyme. I also deglazed the pan with a bit of cognac before adding the wine, broth & tomatoe paste. Thank you PanNan for sharing the recipe.
Incredible Recipe! The entire family enjoyed this meal. The sauce is even better the next day. So next time, I am going to cook this recipe and refrigerate it overnight to allow the sauce to get even richer.