Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe was on a scrap of paper torn from a magazine and tucked inside my mum's Delia Smith book. It really is the easiest cake I've ever come across, and indescribably soft, moist and delicious. You could add 40g of sultanas, or the grated rind of a lemon if you want to vary the simple mix. Best served with a lot of steaming custard!
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup or 2 tablespoons clear honey
- 115 g soft margarine
- 115 g caster sugar
- 115 g self-raising flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Grease a 2 pint pudding basin, and spoon the syrup or honey into the base.
- Beat all the ingredients together and spoon into the basin.
- Microwave for 5-6 minutes until well-risen.
- Don't worry if the top looks a bit sticky.
- Leave to stand for 3 minutes before turning out.
fabulous my kids love it very quick to make and its eaten in seconds always a good sign