Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
Quick, easy, tasty--perfert for busy moms and dads.
Top Review by lucky1s
I was looking for a low fat, low carb ham stew and this fit the bill perfectly. I subbed spinach for the peas and it was so thick and savory I skipped the corn starch as well.
The ham gave the stewed veggies a nice, smokey flavor that tased like they had simmered for hours.
I keep blanched, frozen veggies in the freezer and they worked out perfectly.
New famaily favorite at my house.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked ham, cut into 1/2 cubes
- 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix, original blend
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine onion, celery, carrots, broth, ham, and seasoning in Dutch oven.
- Cover and cook over medium high heat for 20 minutes or until carrots are almost tender. Stir in peas.
- Mix water and cornstarch; add to stew. Stir constantly until stew comes to a boil and thickens.