Recipe by RecipeNut
Sticky, moist, and delicious!
Top Review by ladypit
We loved these! I used my fat free pizza crust recipe, adding a little extra sugar, as the bread base. This did make the sticky buns less sweet than what you would normally think of for sticky buns. But we thought they were perfect! Something super easy I'll be making again soon.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 11 ounces refrigerated French bread dough
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Place butter in 9-inch round cake pan; place pan in oven while preheating to melt butter.
- Meanwhile, unroll dough on cutting board. Combine sugar and cinnamon in small bowl; sprinkle over dough. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Starting with short side, roll up dough jelly-roll style. Cut into 8 slices with serrated knife.
- Remove pan from oven. Stir pecans and maple syrup into melted butter. Arrange slices cut side down in pan, pressing gently into nut mixture.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert pan onto serving plate, scraping any nuts and butter mixture onto buns. Serve warm.