Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 lb beef, cut up, cooked (2 to 2 1/2 cups)
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 2
- 3 medium potatoes, pared and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 3 tablespoons unbleached flour
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- Mix all ingredients in 2 1/2 quart casserole.
- Cover and microwave on high (100%) to boiling, 10 to 12 minutes; stir.
- Cover and let stand 5 minutes and microwave until vegetables are tender, 10 to 12 minutes more, stirring every 5 minutes.
This was a nice meal. My first experience cooking a meal in the microwave. I did change a couple things: I used a pkg of beef gravy mix and 2 tsp. of dried onion flakes, and beef stock instead of water. Between prep & cook time this took 42 min. I think next time i'll prep. my veg. the night before.
This came out amazingly well. I followed the directions exactly and it was wonderful. I did add some purple onion, mushrooms and a beef cube to the water. I never thought something microwaved would be so good, but it was awesome!
This was AWSOME!!! Super easy!!!I threw in some poeas at the end for color. I also used 1 beef bullion cube dissolved in the required water on recipe. great flavor.. this one is a keeper for sure!!( I also slow cooked it on the stove top.)