Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of my "get it on the table fast" recipes. It is especially fast if you already have the ground beef cooked. I like to cook about 10 pounds in one day, then bag and freeze in 2 cup freezer bags. It saves so much time and we actually eat at home more; which saves money and gives us that all important family time.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups rice
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 4 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- Brown the ground meat and drain, if necessary.
- Add soup mix, rice, cream of mushroom soup and water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, until the rice is tender.
What a delicious fast easy recipe!!! This one really surprised me and surpassed my expectations. WE LOVE IT!!!