Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Created this out of what was on hand for a luscious ice cream topping. Be sure not to skimp on the quality of cocoa or ice cream!
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the powdered milk, cocoa, sugar and water and stir until smooth.
- Continue to stir over medium heat (stir constantly!) until mixture just begins to boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla.
- Let stand a minute or two, then serve warm over vanilla ice cream!
Made this GREAT TASTING FUDGE SAUCE in no time at all & then served it over some frozen vanilla yogurt & sliced banana! Will be making this keeper of a recipe again! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in the current Pick A Chef]