Recipe by kelly in TO
I love this by itself in a big bowl on a cool night, but it also pairs well with chicken or meat for those who 'need' meat...
Top Review by timeforsomethinggoodtoeat
well i didn't have parsnips, leek, parsley or kale. and i added nutritional yeast flakes, as well as a few spices. but i think the idea was the same. and at the very least, it was a marvelous starting point. great job. :)
- 200 g lentils
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 4 celery ribs, trimmed and sliced
- 4 carrots, trimmed, peeled and sliced
- 3 parsnips, trimmed, peeled and sliced
- 400 g artichoke hearts
- 1 leek, washed, trimmed and sliced
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 300 g kale leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley or 2 tablespoons chervil
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse lentils and drain. Place in a large pan with all the other ingredients except the kale and herbs.
- Add enough water to cover, bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, mix in the kale leaves to warm through. Sprinkle on the herbs and serve.