Healthy Chorizo Bean Stew
photo by Leggy Peggy
- Ready In:
- 2 chorizo sausage
- 1 red onion
- 750 g passata
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 700 g red kidney beans
- 300 g chickpeas
- 100 g rocket
- SLICE sausage into small pieces.
- DICE red onion.
- Drain canned kidney beans and chickpeas.
- DICE rocket.
- NOTE: Can use spinach too; I like to chop it fine, TRUE!
- HEAT pan, add sausage; cook 2 minutes until soft. NOTE: Can pre grill too for more flavour.
- ADD red onion, cook two minutes.
- ADD Passata and water.
- NOTE: BEST if put flame on low when adding ingredients.
- COVER and cook for 7 minutes.
- ADD beans and cook further minutes.
- STIR in rocket for one minute and serve.
- NOTE: I use low-fat sausages but ingredients listing does not allow me to do.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe was a lifesaver. I'd had a hectic day and the last thing I wanted to do was make dinner. But I had a couple of chorizos in the fridge and most of the rest of the ingredients, so I decided t o make this. Didn't have passata, so subbed two tins of diced tomatoes. Also used a four bean mix, and added a chopped green capsicum (bell pepper) and a sprinkling of parmesan before serving. Dinner was on the table within 30 minutes! In between the constant chants of 'yum, yum', the requests to 'make this again soon' came through loud and clear. Thanks for a real winner.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>G'day! I'm 51, married, born and bred in NY, am now an Aussie who calls Australia home! I love animals, nature, reading, entering competitions and consider myself S-P-O-N-T-A-N-E-O-U-S and B-U-B-B-L-Y in my personality! I am quite FASCINATED with people and things U-N-I-Q-U-E, JUST like ME! I am VERY P-A-S-S-I-O-N-A-T-E about cooking and trying recipes from all world cusines! I LOVE to eat and enjoy our South Australian red wine! :)I have started a Home Cook blog which I am EXTREMELY P-A-S-S-I-O-N-A-T-E about called What's On The List? and I hope to be able to inspire people around the world one recipe and one event at a time too! http://whatsonthelist.net So come on over and please let me know what you think too!WHOO HOO WHOO HOO!</p>