Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
A mild side dish that won't overpower the entree. Use the thread saffron, which gives a much better flavor.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil in a heavy saucepan (that has a lid).
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until just soft.
- Add in the rice and cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the broth, saffron, and parsley.
- Cover and reduce the heat to low.
- Cook for 15-18 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff with a fork before serving.
Served this with sauted chicken breast, and salad. It is a very good rice recipe. I used butter instead of olive oil, I think that adds to the flavor. We will for sure have this again. Thanks :)
This is so good. The rice has a wonderful flavor that went perfct with grilled chicken.
This is wonderful! I've made this 4 times now, and always follow the recipe exactly (which isn't like me) and it comes out great each time. My husband, 4 1/2 yr old, and 2 year old can't get enough of it either. thank you for sharing this great recipe.