Prep 4 hrs
Cook 0 mins
A almost healthy popsicle, with a luscious purple color!
- 2 bananas, ripe
- 6 ounces frozen purple grape juice concentrate
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Puree all the ingredients and pour into small paper cups or popsicle molds.
- If using cups, when halfway frozen, stand a wooden stick or plastic spoon in the popsicle to make a handle.
- When frozen solid, unmold or peel away the paper to eat.
Incredibly good! Sweet, creamy and... purple. Would be a great healthy treat for the kids, just use 100% grape juice concentrate, not grape juice cocktail concentrate. Recipe made 6 treats using my push up molds. I CANNOT believe this recipe has been here for more than four years without a review. Thanks for sharing, Mirj! UPDATE: I make this often, and last time just ran the mixture through the Cusiniart ice cream maker for a really yummy treat that's fairly healthy, too. Since my bananas are always overripe, I usually omit the sugar. Thanks, Mirj!
These were great! I loved the flavor of the banana and so did my kids! Honestly I didn't think they would like these because they love regular store bought ice pops so much but they loved them!