Pusheenicorn Cake Pops
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) box white cake mix
- food coloring (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, black)
- 1 cup vanilla frosting
- 2 cups white chocolate candies
- vegetable oil
- royal icing
- Preheat the oven according to the cake mix directions.
- Make the cake mix as per directions, and then split into 6 bowls - approximately 3⁄4 cup batter per bowl. Tint to a pastel of every shade except for black.
- Pour into a muffin tin prepared with cupcake liners and then bake as per package instructions. Allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled, crumble the cupcakes. To each bowl, add 1-2 tablespoons of frosting, until it holds a shape though does not feel wet. Take a teaspoon of each color and squish into an oval, combine in a ROY G BIV gradient and shape into an oval. The top color to form ears. Place on a plate and chill in freezer for 15-20 minutes while you prepare candy.
- Use marzipan to shape the horn, mane, tale, and cloud. Set aside. Use a popsicle stick to press hole through cloud so as to slide under the cake pops.
- Melt the candy melts in a double boiler. Add the black color, a little at a time, until the grey color of pusheen. Thin, 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil at a time. It should be thin but not runny.
- Dip popsicle sticks into melts, then into the pusheens. Allow to set, and then dip into melts. Gently tap off excess and then carefully press the horn, mane, tail, and cloud onto body, adhering with a small amount of candy melt if necessary. Let the candy set completely before painting.
- Loosen the food dyes with a bit of water in small bowls. Paint color onto the mane and tail. Pipe the face on using tinted royal icing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!