Recipe by SEvans
This vegetable dish not only LOOKS great but tastes amazing.
Top Review by Oliver & Fischer's Mommy
Very quick and easy side dish. I didn't have any lemons so I added a small squeeze of lime...lemon probably would taste better, but the lime juice gave it a nice tanginess. The cheese made the dish slighly creamy which was nice. This might be nice with a little red pepper flake too.
- 4 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 -2 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet - heat your butter and olive oil together over medium high heat.
- add onions and saute for approximately 3 mnutes.
- Add cabbage, garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice & sugar and saute until well cooked - approximately 10 - 12 minutes oir longer.
- 3 - 5 minutes before you are ready to serve - GENTLY stirr in the carrots - they only need to get warm. Gentle stirring will keep the carrots from turning purple.